I have spoken at or facilitated 100+ online and in-person literary events on fiction, literary translation,, literary criticism, South Asian literature, and more.
1. Writing fiction (fiction workshops on Magical Realism and Historical Fiction)
2. Writing non-fiction (100+ publications at venues like NPR, Washington Post, Poets & Writers, and more)
3. The art and craft of the short story (award-winning, critically-acclaimed story collection, Each of Us Killers)
4. The art and craft of literary translation (critically-acclaimed translation, Ratno Dholi; The Shehnai Virtuoso; ‘We Are All Translators’ newsletter)
5. The art and craft of literary criticism (book reviews)
6. South Asian literature (Desi Books founded by me)
7. Magical Realism in South Asian literature (fiction workshops on Magical Realism)
8. Historical Fiction in South Asian literature (fiction workshops on Historical Fiction; ‘Historical Fiction Craft Notes’ newsletter)
9. Gujarati literature in English (critically-acclaimed translation, Ratno Dholi; The Shehnai Virtuoso)
10. Podcasting How-to (Desi Books founded by me)
11. Second careers later in life (viral essay: ‘Emerging As a Writer — After 40′. Longreads. November 2018.)
12. The multipotentialite writer’s portfolio career approach (see all of the above)
Please use the contact form below. Given the volume of requests, if you do not hear back from me within seven working days, it means that, regretfully, I am unable to explore the project further with you at this time.