I am available to speak, teach, or facilitate on the following topics, virtually or in person. You can look through some of my speaking and panel event videos here and here. Find ongoing and upcoming events listed here. Media folks: go to the complete press kit here.
Please use the contact form below. Given the volume of requests, if you do not hear back from me within seven working days, it means that, regretfully, I am unable to explore the project further with you at this time.
- Writing fiction (fiction workshops on Magical Realism and Historical Fiction)
- Writing non-fiction (100+ publications at venues like NPR, Washington Post, Poets & Writers, and more)
- The art and craft of the short story (award-winning, critically-acclaimed story collection, Each of Us Killers)
- The art and craft of literary translation (critically-acclaimed translation, Ratno Dholi; upcoming The Shehnai Virtuoso; ‘We Are All Translators’ newsletter)
- The art and craft of literary criticism (book reviews)
- South Asian literature (Desi Books founded by, well, me)
- Magical Realism in South Asian literature (fiction workshops on Magical Realism)
- Historical Fiction in South Asian literature (fiction workshops on Historical Fiction)
- Gujarati literature in English (critically-acclaimed translation, Ratno Dholi; upcoming The Shehnai Virtuoso)
- Podcasting How-to (Desi Books founded by, well, me)
- Second careers later in life (viral essay: ‘Emerging As a Writer — After 40′. Longreads. November 2018.)
- The multipotentialite writer’s portfolio career approach (see all of the above)
Contact via the form below to explore speaking or event opportunities with me: